MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

TUF 5ís Joe Lauzon Discusses Previous UFC Absence...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: TUF 5ís Joe Lauzon Discusses Previous UFC Absence...   Tue 10 Apr 2007, 12:49 pm

The Ultimate Fighter 5ís Joe Lauzon Discusses Previous UFC Absence

The entire article is spoiler-free, so donít worry about reading it if you still havenít seen Thursdayís debut episode or fear that we might spoil the outcome of future episodes.
Lauzon has a unique role on the show, having previously fought and defeated The Ultimate Fighter 5 coach Jens ďLittle EvilĒ Pulver. However, after that shocking victory in Pulverís UFC return back in September, Lauzon disappeared from the UFC. We now know why.
From the interview:

BK: Since your win in your debut against Jens Pulver, why havenít we seen you back in the UFC?

J-Lau: I eat like a fat kid, and I was sick of training. I trained to hard for the fight with Jens, that I didnít want to be doing any more cardio for a while. On top of that, Thanksgiving and Christmas were coming, and I didnít want to be trying to train during the holiays. Then, the show came along [The Ultimate Fighter 5] and we were waiting to see how that panned out. If I didnít get on the show, I would have fought again by now.

BK: How has sponsorships come along since your UFC debut? Has your being cast on TUF affected things any?

J-Lau: We didnít have any fights coming up, so we really werenít talking with sponsors. Now that the show is on, sponsors are all asking ďWell how did Joe do?Ē and we obviously canít say anything. As the show starts airing, we will start talking with more sponsors.

BK: So TUF5ís all about the ďlittle guysĒ, the lightweights. Always our favorites here at BloodyKnux.Com. But, if the UFC were to have a featherweight division, would you drop back down to your natural weight or are you comfortable fighting one division up?

J-Lau: Iím done with 145. It was too much of a cut for me then, and Iím a lot bigger now. I lost explosiveness and cardio at featherweight, so I am happy where I am. I will have to deal with some larger guys, but I will at least be at my best, so it will be a better fight.
Head over to BloodyKnux.com for the full story.
Lauzon comes in to the show as one of the early favorites to win it all; however, I think he will face stiff competition from Nathan Diaz and Gray Maynard, who are already considered two of this seasonís favorites.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mma-boston.niceboard.com

TUF 5ís Joe Lauzon Discusses Previous UFC Absence...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1