MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Dean Lister Out Three Months With Torn Biceps

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Dean Lister Out Three Months With Torn Biceps   Thu 05 Apr 2007, 6:15 am

DEAN LISTER SUFFERS TORN BICEPS

Ultimate Fighting Championship veteran Dean Lister suffered a torn biceps muscle on his right arm in training last week. The injury was a complete tear and Lister went into
the following day and to have it repaired.

Listerís manager, Jerry Villasenor, says that Listerís arm will be in a sling for the next few weeks followed by extensive rehabilitation program. He is expected to make a full recovery within three to three-and-a-half months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Dean Lister Out Three Months With Torn Biceps   Thu 05 Apr 2007, 8:07 am

bummer!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Dean Lister Out Three Months With Torn Biceps   Fri 06 Apr 2007, 9:06 pm

I'm sure PPV's aren't gonna suffer because the "Boogieman" is out for awhile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maurisanv
Noob
Noob

Female
Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Dean Lister Out Three Months With Torn Biceps   Fri 06 Apr 2007, 11:44 pm

This sucks!!! I really like Lister.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!

Male
Number of posts : 1452

PostSubject: Re: Dean Lister Out Three Months With Torn Biceps   Fri 06 Apr 2007, 11:53 pm

Lister is ok at MMA but world class at BJJ he needs to live up to his potential!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion

PostSubject: Re: Dean Lister Out Three Months With Torn Biceps   Sat 07 Apr 2007, 12:26 am

maurisanv wrote:
This sucks!!! I really like Lister.
x2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleshpole79
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Dean Lister Out Three Months With Torn Biceps   Sun 08 Apr 2007, 12:22 pm

Lister needs to man up.His fights are sad and pethetic.The funny thing is he still has fans.When Silvia was fighting like he does everyone was down on him.In his next fight he better be able to make it exciting or he should move on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion

PostSubject: Re: Dean Lister Out Three Months With Torn Biceps   Sun 08 Apr 2007, 1:48 pm

fleshpole79 wrote:
Lister needs to man up.His fights are sad and pethetic.The funny thing is he still has fans.When Silvia was fighting like he does everyone was down on him.In his next fight he better be able to make it exciting or he should move on.
there's nothing funny about giving up on fighters you like to watch. i enjoy watching sad and pathetic technical submissions and ground game as much as fun and exciting sloppy punches like bonnar-griffin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fleshpole79
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Dean Lister Out Three Months With Torn Biceps   Sun 08 Apr 2007, 6:51 pm

I like watching technical submissions and ground game to.Alot of real good fights consist of two guys throwning down and then going at it on the ground.Lister is boring.He lay and prays like KOS use to.He doesn't use his BJJ like he should.He doesn't strike on the ground but every once in awhile.That's is exactly what seperates top guys from bottom pier guys like Lister.He's more like a gym guy then a cage guy.In the gym he shows all the skills in the world but when it comes to the cage he always underachieves.When he gets another chance he better show up and do what he's capable of or they should ship his ass out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion

PostSubject: Re: Dean Lister Out Three Months With Torn Biceps   Tue 10 Apr 2007, 5:46 am

love him or hate him, your still going to watch him. lister's last fight was a no. 1 contender match. yeah, he got his ass kicked and didn't show anything but, it is what it is. saying lister should get the boot in the sorry ass middleweight division is kind of funny to me. hey, the next middleweight to win by a fast ko should get a title shot. it seems like that what makes it these days. i'm not saying lister is the best middleweight in the world but, calling anyone of lister's stature "sad and pathetic" is ridiculous. ANYONE who's only losses come by decision in a cage, should be shown a little respect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dean Lister Out Three Months With Torn Biceps   

Back to top Go down

Dean Lister Out Three Months With Torn Biceps
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1