MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ainít a river in Egypt, Melvin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ainít a river in Egypt, Melvin   Wed 09 Jan 2008, 7:08 pm

ďÖ everybody with their own eyes saw he [Rich Clementi] wasnít ready to stand up with me [at UFC 79]. He knew my weakness was my submission game as far as fighting him because heís a seasoned jiu-jitsu guy ó Iíll give him that. As far as me putting my hands on him, I got my respect out of him. So, Iím not even tripping, you know?Ö He really didnít [win the fight]. He didnít take my heart. I took his heart before he got in the ring. He was scared to fight me before he got in the ring. And, itís like I tell everybody Ė and Iím going to keep saying it Ė when I see him again, Iím going to fight him again. When I get ready to go home for Mardi Gras, he just knows not to be seen. I went home for New Years and the places he wants to go, he wasnít even there. He knew I was going to be there looking for him. He never showed up anywhere. As long as he keeps hiding from me, running from me, Iím winning the war every day. Eventually, weíll get another rematch in the UFC ÖĒ
Ė Melvin Guillard talks about Rich Clementi via the Baltimore Sun after he lost via first round submission at UFC 79: ďNemesisĒ on December 29, 2007. The two Louisiana natives didnít like each other very much before the fight and not much has changed since. Definitely read this entire interview if you have the chance Ö

Melvin certainly does not charge per word. He also reveals that he plans to take a few fights outside the Octagon to get back on track in 2008.

source: http://mmamania.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
boondock_saint_la
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ainít a river in Egypt, Melvin   Wed 09 Jan 2008, 7:53 pm

wow...its pricks like this that give ppl from LA a bad rep. Guillard just got his ass kicked in that fight and looked almost in tears after. I hope he gets the hell beat outta him by some random drunks at mardi grass and if I see Melvin, I'mma go HAHA, YOU TAPPED OUT!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/boondock_saint_la
DennisN
Top Prospect
Top Prospect

Male
Number of posts : 199

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ainít a river in Egypt, Melvin   Wed 09 Jan 2008, 11:32 pm

What a fuckin dipshit. That is all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/quizrox
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ainít a river in Egypt, Melvin   Thu 10 Jan 2008, 12:02 am

Melvin needs to learn to shut his mouth and protect his neck-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!

Male
Number of posts : 1452

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ainít a river in Egypt, Melvin   Thu 10 Jan 2008, 2:43 am

Pramita Mohapatra of The Baltimore Sun was able to catch up with Melvin Guillard fresh off of his submission loss to Rich Clementi at UFC 79. This interview is just filled to the brim with gold nuggets of what I like to call ďMelvinisms.Ē

Melvinism #1: Rich Clementi is somehow a coward for exposing Melvinís weakness.

ďOf course, everybody saw that he was the victorious one [at UFC 79] but he sits up there and says, ďIíll stand toe-to-toe with Melvin,Ē but everybody with their own eyes saw he wasnít ready to stand up with me. He knew my weakness was my submission game as far as fighting him because heís a seasoned jiu-jitsu guy ó Iíll give him that. As far as me putting my hands on him, I got my respect out of him. So, Iím not even tripping, you know?Ē
Oh, Melvin. When will you learn? This is MMA. Not boxing. Grab that gi, son.

Melvinism #2: Rich Clementi didnít win the fight.

ďHe really didnít. He didnít take my heart. I took his heart before he got in the ring. He was scared to fight me before he got in the ring.Ē
Sure, Melvin. Are we really supposed to believe this garbage? You took his heart? Yeah, it really showed inside the cage. You got punked and youíre salty about it, Melvin. Time to move on.

Melvinism #3: Melvin is working working strictly his jiu jitsu.

ďIím working nothing but my jiu-jitsu. Ö I got all the good guys around me Ö so Iím just working the weaknesses in my game. Iím going to give myself six months to a year before my jiu-jitsu is 100 percent.Ē
Iíll believe it when I see it. And who are ďall the good guys.Ē That tells me nothing. Some schmuck like me could say Iím training with ďall the good guys,Ē but it means nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ainít a river in Egypt, Melvin   Thu 10 Jan 2008, 12:26 pm

the dude's a fuckin punk. take your loss like a man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ainít a river in Egypt, Melvin   

Back to top Go down

UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ainít a river in Egypt, Melvin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1