MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Sherdog.com: Nine Fighters “Who Need to Hang up the Gloves”

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Sherdog.com: Nine Fighters “Who Need to Hang up the Gloves”   Mon 02 Apr 2007, 7:49 pm

A recent story written by Jake Rossen is sure to make the Sherdog.com writer a marked man in many MMA circles. In a controversial, no-punches-pulled column, Rossen labels nine MMA fighters “who need to hang up the gloves.”
You can read the story at Sherdog.com.
Rossen’s list includes a handful of UFC fighters, including Elvis Sinosic (who’s set to face Michael Bisping at UFC70) and Frank Mir (who was a recent scratch from next month’s UFC Fight Night 9 event).
His critique of Sinosic was especially harsh:

To borrow from Sara Lee: Nobody doesn’t like Elvis. He’s a genial, polite gentleman with the demeanor of a priest.
Unfortunately, he hits like one, too.
The full list includes:

1. “Tank” Abbott
  2. Dan Severn
  3. Elvis Sinosic
  4. Mark Coleman
  5. Kevin Randleman
  6. Wesley “Cabbage” Correira
  7. Frank Mir
  8. Mark Kerr
  9. Shannon Ritch

(He also says Alistair Overeem “needs a break” and that Kazushi Sakuraba didn’t need to be listed because his past criticism is so well-known.)
Jump over to Sherdog.com to read his reasoning for each fighter.
I’m sure that e-mail address is going to get more than a few messages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion

Male
Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog.com: Nine Fighters “Who Need to Hang up the Gloves”   Thu 05 Apr 2007, 9:02 pm

JoeDaddy wrote:

A recent story written by Jake Rossen is sure to make the Sherdog.com writer a marked man in many MMA circles. In a controversial, no-punches-pulled column, Rossen labels nine MMA fighters “who need to hang up the gloves.”
You can read the story at Sherdog.com.
Rossen’s list includes a handful of UFC fighters, including Elvis Sinosic (who’s set to face Michael Bisping at UFC70) and Frank Mir (who was a recent scratch from next month’s UFC Fight Night 9 event).
His critique of Sinosic was especially harsh:

<blockquote>To borrow from Sara Lee: Nobody doesn’t like Elvis. He’s a genial, polite gentleman with the demeanor of a priest.
Unfortunately, he hits like one, too.</blockquote>The full list includes:

<blockquote>

1. “Tank” Abbott
  2. Dan Severn
  3. Elvis Sinosic
  4. Mark Coleman
  5. Kevin Randleman
  6. Wesley “Cabbage” Correira
  7. Frank Mir
  8. Mark Kerr
  9. Shannon Ritch

(He also says Alistair Overeem “needs a break” and that Kazushi Sakuraba didn’t need to be listed because his past criticism is so well-known.)
Jump over to Sherdog.com to read his reasoning for each fighter.
I’m sure that e-mail address is going to get more than a few messages.</blockquote>
cabbage is going 2 die from all of the headhsots he takes! they always say "cabbage can take some punishment!". well hang him up in the gym! he'd make a damn good heavy bag!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://soulofcel.googlepages.com/home
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog.com: Nine Fighters “Who Need to Hang up the Gloves”   Fri 13 Apr 2007, 11:08 pm

Or tell cabbage to move to "Southie" and coach boxing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog.com: Nine Fighters “Who Need to Hang up the Gloves”   Fri 13 Apr 2007, 11:10 pm

I think Randleman can still be effective if that pussy Monson can win a fight!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog.com: Nine Fighters “Who Need to Hang up the Gloves”   Mon 16 Apr 2007, 11:29 am

Frank Mir is a complete SHELL of his former self!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog.com: Nine Fighters “Who Need to Hang up the Gloves”   Mon 16 Apr 2007, 11:30 am

Is Tank Abbott still fighting?? If anything Tank fights to blow off steam and NOT go to jail, but these days he would probably only end up going to the hospital and not jail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog.com: Nine Fighters “Who Need to Hang up the Gloves”   Fri 27 Apr 2007, 2:56 am

Add Tra Telligman, Wanderlei Silva, Heath Herring and Ken Shamrock to the list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog.com: Nine Fighters “Who Need to Hang up the Gloves”   Fri 27 Apr 2007, 4:37 am

damn! silva! you really think it's that bad?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog.com: Nine Fighters “Who Need to Hang up the Gloves”   Fri 27 Apr 2007, 11:47 am

Tell you what Sampson, I watched Cro Cop beat his ass yesterday on FSN in a Pride highlight show..CroCop swelled up his whole face, cut him, then knocked him out with a head kick, Henderson BRUTUALLY KNOCKS HIM OUT WITH A PUNCH, he is a shell of his former self. If you are a football player and you get knocked out they recomend you retire, to get brutually knocked out in a few fights, more on or end up shaking like Michael J. Foxx or Muhammed Ali!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog.com: Nine Fighters “Who Need to Hang up the Gloves”   Fri 27 Apr 2007, 2:50 pm

Andy wrote:
Tell you what Sampson, I watched Cro Cop beat his ass yesterday on FSN in a Pride highlight show..CroCop swelled up his whole face, cut him, then knocked him out with a head kick, Henderson BRUTUALLY KNOCKS HIM OUT WITH A PUNCH, he is a shell of his former self. If you are a football player and you get knocked out they recomend you retire, to get brutually knocked out in a few fights, more on or end up shaking like Michael J. Foxx or Muhammed Ali!!
i guess you could be right. i'm still giving the guy a shot. if he looks too scared to engage or gets ko'ed no matter who it is, i'll agree with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog.com: Nine Fighters “Who Need to Hang up the Gloves”   Sat 28 Apr 2007, 11:34 pm

LOOKS LIKE ELVIS SINOSIC GOT AN EXTRA 30,000 BUCKS FOR FIGHT OF THE NIGHT WITH BISPING!!! COULDN'T HAPPEN TO A NICER GUY THAN ELVIS!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog.com: Nine Fighters “Who Need to Hang up the Gloves”   Sat 28 Apr 2007, 11:42 pm

well, we need to add another to the list, royce gracie. hopefully he retires after he fights sak. i think he's gonna murder royce.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!

Male
Number of posts : 1452

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog.com: Nine Fighters “Who Need to Hang up the Gloves”   Sun 29 Apr 2007, 10:09 am

Andy wrote:

My thoughts exactly that’s why Rampage should retire he was brutally beaten and KO by W. Silva and Shogun he should preserver whatever brains he has left before Liddell knocks them out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog.com: Nine Fighters “Who Need to Hang up the Gloves”   Sun 29 Apr 2007, 12:19 pm

JoeDaddy wrote:
Andy wrote:

My thoughts exactly that’s why Rampage should retire he was brutally beaten and KO by W. Silva and Shogun he should preserver whatever brains he has left before Liddell knocks them out!
GO BACK IN YOUR HOLE AND MAY YOU BE CURSED WITH PICTURES OF DIEGO SANCHEZ AND HIS GAY RANCHEROS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog.com: Nine Fighters “Who Need to Hang up the Gloves”   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1