MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

News on Bonnar, Burkman, Gurgel, Stephens!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: News on Bonnar, Burkman, Gurgel, Stephens!   Thu 09 Aug 2007, 3:00 pm

Eric Schafer vs. Stephan Bonnar Set for UFC 77
According to Schafer:

I got a call this morning from my manager Jeff Curran. Jeff, who just won his WEC debut on Sunday, told me that the UFC wants me to fight Stephan Bonnar — oh snap! Stephan and I shared the same kickboxing coach (Duke Roufus), until Stephan moved out to Vegas a few weeks ago. I would probably rather fight anyone else to avoid conflicts, but business is business… So it is on… The fight is at UFC 77 in Cincinnati on [October 20].
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Josh Burkman: I’m Fighting in Cincinnati at UFC 77
My next fight is gonna be Oct. 20th in Cinncinatti @ UFC 76. I learned alot agasinst Karo and i’ll be at a different level than i’ve ever been before. Thanks for the messages and support.
Jburk
“peoples warrior”
---------------------------------------------------------------
Jorge Gurgel vs. Doug Evans at UFC 77
Jorge Gurgel (11-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC), a cast member from “The Ultimate Fighter 2” who runs a mixed-martial-arts training center just north of Cincinnati, has been booked for the UFC 77 card and will take on Alaska Fighting Championships bantamweight champion Doug Evans (6-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC).
The fact that Gurgel was able to get cleared for the fight is nothing short of remarkable. The Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt defeated Diego Saraiva via unanimous decision at UFC 73, but Gurgel suffered a broken jaw and a facial fracture in the victory. The California State Athletic Commission issued an indefinite medical suspension after the fight and required Gurgel to get a doctor’s clearance to fight again.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeremy Stephens vs. Nate Mohr Likely Set for UFC 76
Jeremy Stephens (9-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC), who was recently granted a temporary leave from the UFC and picked up a win in a smaller Iowa-based organization last month, will return to the Octagon at UFC 76, where he’ll take on Nate Mohr (8-4 MMA, 1-1 UFC).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: News on Bonnar, Burkman, Gurgel, Stephens!   Thu 09 Aug 2007, 3:11 pm

These are all fights i would look forward to seeing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mma-boston.niceboard.com

News on Bonnar, Burkman, Gurgel, Stephens!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1