MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Kenny Florian Likely to Replace Spencer Fisher

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Kenny Florian Likely to Replace Spencer Fisher   Tue 07 Aug 2007, 2:44 pm

Earlier today we passed along Spencer Fisher’s bulletin that he had to pull out of his UFC Fight Night 11 main-event bout with Din Thomas. We now have a likely replacement for that bout.

According to a source close to the UFC Thomas will likely face Kenny Florian instead.

Florian (6-3 MMA, 5-2 UFC) , a cast member on the first season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” was expected to fight at the Newark, New Jersey UFC 78 card in November. However, the rising lightweight contender will now fight on a little more than two months’ rest. He defeated Alvin Robinson with a first-round submission (via strikes) at UFC 73 in July.

His fight with Thomas is expected to remain the night’s main event.

Florian, who — despite competing at two weight classes above his normal fighting weight — made it to the finals of the first season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” ultimately lost to Diego Sanchez in the show’s live finale.

However, with the UFC’s resurrection of the 155-pound lightweight division, the 31-year-old has returned to his normal fighting weight and has since become a top-ranked lightweight contender.

Florian actually earned a title shot once before — against Sherk at UFC 64 (for the vacant lightweight championship) — but dropped a unanimous decision in the five-round bout.

Since that loss, Florian’s picked up two very impressive victories over Dokonjonosuke Mishima (third-round submission at UFC Fight Night 9) and Robinson.

UFC Fight Night 11 takes place at The Palms Las Vegas and airs on Spike TV. It will likely serve as the lead-in for the upcoming welterweights-only season of ā€--The Ultimate Fighter.ā€¯ This sixth installment of the reality series will feature current UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra and former champ Matt Hughes as coaches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian Likely to Replace Spencer Fisher   Tue 07 Aug 2007, 2:46 pm

Hell yeah Kenny is going to kick his ass! While I do like Din he is going to lose!
Back to top Go down
DennisN
Top Prospect
Top Prospect

Male
Number of posts : 199

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian Likely to Replace Spencer Fisher   Tue 07 Aug 2007, 8:18 pm

Word!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/quizrox
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian Likely to Replace Spencer Fisher   Wed 08 Aug 2007, 3:21 am

I HATE to go against you Joe, I think Din is winning this fight but I am already talking myself out of it. Kenflo has come so far- then again, so has Din!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian Likely to Replace Spencer Fisher   Wed 08 Aug 2007, 9:14 am

I don’t see it! Din has really done shit since the ultimate fighter he beats some no name little kid that sucks!
And the kid had him rocked in the second!

Kenny is coming off of a 5 round fight against Sherk where Sherk came out looking like hamburger and Kenny came out wearing Sherks blood! Then it was on to an impressive stoppage of Mishima who is a very good fighter, and a KO win over Alvin Robinson both fights Kenny has shown great improvement in his Mauy Thai to go along with his BJJ black belt! He now has some of the most deadly leg kicks to go with those deadly elbows!

I think he pushed the pace better I think he is better on the ground on the feet and everywhere else for that matter! Finally the fight to clear the blemish of my record! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian Likely to Replace Spencer Fisher   

Back to top Go down

Kenny Florian Likely to Replace Spencer Fisher
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1