MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Update: Sean Sherk files for extension on steroid appeal!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Update: Sean Sherk files for extension on steroid appeal!   Mon 06 Aug 2007, 2:51 pm

The answer for which we have all been waiting weeks to hear is going to take a little while longer. About two months, in fact.

UFC Lightweight Champion Sean Sherk filed for an extension with the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) regarding his appeal hearing on allegations of steroid use, according to Sherdog.com.

Sherk was scheduled to plead his case on Monday, August 6. Now, it looks like a resolution on the matter will not be determined until sometime in October — the next available date on the CSAC docket.
Here’s a snip from Sherk:

“I don’t want this to take any longer than it has to, but I hired my lawyer just a couple of weeks ago. I want to get this done as soon as possible so I can fight B.J. [Penn] in November, but the next hearing wouldn’t be until October.”
Both samples takes from “The Muscle Shark” prior to his bout with Hermes Franca at UFC 73 tested positive for traces of the banned illegal anabolic steroid known as nandrolone.

He faces a fine and year-long suspension, as well as the prospect of having to forfeit his 155-pound belt.

This latest news casts an even darker shadow over the possible opponent for Penn at UFC 78 in November.

Will the UFC wait for the decision — just one month before the event — to announce the showdown? Will Penn face new opponent? Or, will Penn just be put on hold altogether until the status of Sherk is determined?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Update: Sean Sherk files for extension on steroid appeal!   Tue 07 Aug 2007, 1:56 am

Hermes knew he messed up, Sherk is fighting it because he knows he didn't! INNOCENT-IMO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!

Male
Number of posts : 1452

PostSubject: Re: Update: Sean Sherk files for extension on steroid appeal!   Tue 07 Aug 2007, 1:09 pm

Yeah or he plans on dragging it out until the lines are blurred! But I think he will be found clean!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update: Sean Sherk files for extension on steroid appeal!   

Back to top Go down

Update: Sean Sherk files for extension on steroid appeal!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1